Thursday, April 7, 2011

Campus Story - Under 3 Menu


This is another group project, which I filmed with two members of my class. Each group member had the same footage but we had to edit it into a story individually. The assignment was to create a story that was on campus, so my team and I decided to focus on one thing that all students have an opinion on: food. The price of food, quality, options, and nutritional value are always areas of contention between school food service providers and students. However, the addition of a new menu sparked interest, and we decided to cover the Under 3 menu for our story. Some challenges included remembering filming someone in front of windows is typically NOT a good idea. Although we had some tripod struggles, filming went well. Editing was easy, but after my story was critiqued I noticed all of the little mistakes that I made- namely not writing to my pictures well enough. I need to simplify and allow for sound up- basically let the story tell itself with minimal explanation on my part. Also, I see now that this piece sounds more like an advertisement then a story- I needed a student's voice in there to ask what they really thought about the new menu. It looks like there are many mistakes in it to me, but I guess that's how you figure out how to do it better next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment