Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sequencing



This project was all about putting shots together using cut aways and plenty of sound up. I spent several hours at the location with my group trying to get all the shots we thought we'd need, but in editing I found we needed more in-and-out of frame and much more concentration on sound up. We used the built-in mic on our camera since our shotgun mic wasn't working very well...I really missed it and regret we didn't have it. I know from previous experience the shotgun is the way to go for crisp sound, but we made do with what we had. We also didn't capture a lot of sound which would have made the pictures better- for example, when Matthew is skipping rope. This assignment taught me to let the pictures speak for themselves. I thought my voice over was a bit excessive, should have let Matthew and sounds he made take up more of the piece. Fun to shoot, once again another good learning experience. Slowly but surely, all of the aspects of making a good piece are coming together. It's starting to stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment