Thursday, February 3, 2011

Streeters!


My first professional attempt at harassing people on the street. I learned SO MUCH from this project.
  1. Always double check the framing when you have someone else behind the camera. It's my image and only I know what to look for to be satisfied with the shot.
  2. Take the time to get a good angle of the person. Move them around, make sure they look their best. It doesn't take long and gets a much better piece of footage.
  3. Make sure there is something relevant in the background. I had a shot of me stepping up to a gross cigarette on the wet ground but didn't use it because it wasn't very good. I wish I had practiced the cigarette stand up and got it down pat. Would have been much more interesting to look at.
  4. Alternate the direction each streeter is looking, just to make the piece more dynamic.
Finally, I learned that I need to be more confident in myself. It really shows when I feel unsure because I look unsure. Also, I stop blinking and it gets weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment