Friday, November 5, 2010

Group Slideshow - "Liquid"



Here is my group's slide show of our theme, liquid. I had forgotten how much I appreciated photography until I started working on this project. It forces you to take a closer work at the little things, the seemingly insignificant moments, and try to capture them in a dynamic way. I struggled at first because I was trying to hard to look for obvious ways to photograph liquid, like at a beach. I found my favorite photo location at a fountain in a small shopping complex near my home. I have passed by this fountain many times and never looked at it twice until this project came along. It looks quite dull until you get up nice and close- the flash and a high shutter speed brought out something I never would have seen in this little fountain. I learned to take the opportunity to stop, look around me, and take as many pictures as necessary to get the perfect shot...even if it means my groceries have to wait on the ground and people stare as I lean dangerously close to very cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment